Welcome to Kindergarten!
We are excited to have you and your child begin their educational journey with Yuma Elementary District One. Registration for the 2020–2021 school year is underway. Please use this page as a guide to begin your registration process.
We would also like to invite you to our district-wide Launch Into Kinder event on February 24 from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. at all of our elementary schools.
Attend this event to tour your school, meet your teachers and principal, and ask questions. You can even register in person at this event.
Registration and Residency
We make registration easy! Simply download the open enrollment and registration forms, or complete the paperwork at the school office. You will need to bring all of the original documents plus the completed enrollment forms to the school site your child will attend. Please take a moment to view our school locator to determine where your child should attend, or contact us for assistance. Yuma Elementary District One requires that all students and their parents/guardians be residents of the state.
We require the following documentation at the time of registration:
- Proof of residency. Acceptable proof includes:
- An original utility bill such as gas, electric, water, etc., a rent/lease agreement, or mortgage documents
- If living with someone, we require a notarized letter and proof of their residency
- Original birth certificate
- Immunization records | View immunization schedule
- At least two emergency phone contacts
- Parent's workplace and phone number
- Proof of legal guardianship (if child is not living with one of his/her natural parents)